So we decided to open her up to find out what was going on. I gave her a little oiling in places while I was there, too.
We got inside her to figure out what was up; after a fiddle and a few tests, we came to the conclusion that it was the regulator that had, well, stopped regulating. This basically meant that the bulbs couldn’t handle the amount of power going in to them, therefore causing all of them to blow.
|Out with the old, in with the new|
|A handful of the old bulbs|
|Vespa PK Wiring Diagram|
|The old man getting stuck in - not too sure about the sandals & socks|
After a total of an hour or two working on the electrics, we had light!